1. ICI Student Chapter
Student chapter of Indian Concrete Institute offers the following:
- Provide suitable platform for the students to interact with practicing professionals in various disciplines, with an objective of reducing the gap between their knowledge and practice.
- To disseminate information and to arrange to train personnel for the needs of changing concepts in the technology.
- To arrange periodical lectures, seminars and exhibitions related to concrete technology.
- To identify R&D problems of practical relevance to concrete construction technology.
Year No. of student members
2018-19 – 48
2019-20 – 31
2020-21 – 40
AISAT is a life member LM No.10211 of Indian Concrete Institute since 2013.
ICI student chapter office bearers 2021-22
Chairperson : Khadeeja Bheevi S4 CE
Secretary : Devika Joshy S4 CE
Treasurer : Vandana Sivan, S4 CE
Event Coordinators : Anju Jayakumar, S4 M.Tech, Austin Basil Severinus, S6 CE
2. Standards Club
As part of spreading quality consciousness and awareness of Indian Standards amongst the future generation, Bureau of Indian Standards, National Standards Body of India under the aegis of Ministry of Consumer Affairs ,Food and Public Distribution, Government of India has designed an activity platform called “Standards Clubs” for educational institutions all over India with teachers and students from high schools, colleges, professional institutes and institutes that provide vocational courses.
The main activities under Standards Clubs for students of educational institutions are:
- i) Awareness Programme – Seminars and workshops on Indian Standards and their role in the upliftment of the quality of life and economic development
- ii) Standard-writing competition.
iii) Competition on standards & Quality issues – Quiz, Essay writing and Debate.
AISAT Standards Club
Standards Club in AISAT was inaugurated on 22nd June 2022 by Er. Mohd Ismail, Scientist -F, Kochi Branch. As an initiator activity a Quiz competition with BIS and IS Code details were included. AISAT Standard club consists of 41 members.
Core club members:
- Mentor – Dr. Benny Mathews Abraham
- Leader – Ms. Evangela Henry, S6 CE
- Representatives – Nevin Francis, S6 CE
Mr. Nikhil V T, S6 CE
Ms. Aishwaryalekshmi M R