NAME : Dr. Benny Mathews Abraham
DESIGNATION : Professor & Head, Dept. of Civil Engineering
QUALIFICATION : Ph.D in Geotechnical Engineering
EMAIL : [email protected] , [email protected]
Area of Interest : Ground Improvement, Soft Clays, Grouting
Date of Joining : 01-06-2020
Type of Appointment : Regular
- Dean, Faculty of Architecture, CUSAT
- Head, Division of Civil Engineering, CUSAT
- Chairman, Board of Studies in Civil Engineering, CUSAT
- Member, Academic Council, CUSAT
- Member in various committees like Construction Monitoring, Erudite Scheme etc
Awards and Professional Recognition
1. Won the IGS-ONGC best research paper award in 1988,1991 & 2016
2. M.Tech Project Thesis is referred in the Text book “Foundation Design” by Nainan P.Kurian
3. Research paper is referred in the Text book “Foundation Analysis and Design” by Joseph E. Bowles
Memberships in professional bodies: Life member of
- Institution of Engineers (India)
- Indian Geotechnical Society
- Indian Society of Earthquake Technology
- Indian Society of Technical Education
*Currently Guiding 8 students.
No. of Publications : 78
International journals : 25
National Journals : 2
International Conferences : 22
National Conferences : 29
Books : Edited 1 book and 6 Conference proceedings
h-index : 13
i 10-index : 16
Reviewer for journals like Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, Applied Clay Science etc.
- Veena V, Cyrus S, Abraham BM, Jose BT (2021) Effect of partial replacement of bentonite with biochar in liner soils. Biomass Conv. Bioref., Springer Verlag. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13399-021-01319-x
- Joy A., Abraham B. M. and Sridharan A. (2020) “Effect of organic matter on the shear strength of lime-stabilised clayey soils”, Journal of Ground Improvement, Institution of Civil Engineers –London,, https://doi.org/10.1680/jgrim.20.00055.
- Joy A., Abraham B. M. and Sridharan A. (2021) “A Critical Re-Examination of the Factors Influencing Determination of Organic Matter in Soils “, Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10706-021-01758-3
- Veena V , S Reghunath, S Cyrus and B M Abraham (2021) Potential application of cement amended marine clay as liner material. IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 1114 012014. https://doi:10.1088/1757-899X/1114/1/012014
- Veena V, Cyrus S, Abraham BM, Jose BT (2021) Soil Water Characteristic Curves of compacted marine clay , J. Solid Waste Technol. Manag.
Papers in Conferences
- Alternative Materials for Construction of Landfill Cover System- An Overview, Proceedings of International Conference on Recent Advances in Civil Engineering (ICRACE2020),Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala, 15-17 July 2020.
- Improvement of Geotechnical Properties of Marine Clay using Waste Foundry Sand, National Conference on Advances in Sustainable Construction Materials (ASCM 2020), National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur, August 03-04, 2020
- Strength Improvement of Lime Treated Organic Soil using Sodium Chloride, National Conference on Advances in Sustainable Construction Materials (ASCM 2020), National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur, August 03-04, 2020.
- Paver Tiles as Sustainable Alternative for Low Volume Roads – A state of the Art approach, International Conference on, “GREEN HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION – A Sustainable Approach” 14-15 September 2020, NITK.,Surathkal, India
- Strength behaviour of lime treated organic soil modified using chemical additives, International Conference on “GREEN HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION – A Sustainable Approach” September 2020, NITK., Surathkal, India.
- Effect of surcharge during curing on cement stabilized marine clay subgrades, International Conference on “GREEN HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION – A Sustainable Approach” 14-15 September 2020, NITK., Surathkal, India
- Rating System for Sustainable Pavements- Life Cycle Analysis Approach, 7th Conference on Transportation Systems Engineering and Management (CTSEM 2020), Trivandrum, December 29-30, 2020
- Effect of Curing Period on the Geotechnical Properties of Lime Treated Organic Soils, Indian Geotechnical Conference 2020, Visakhapatnam, December 17-19, 2020.
- Effect of Bentonite Support Fluid on Pile Capacity, Indian Geotechnical Conference 2020, Visakhapatnam, December 17-19, 2020.