Smart India Hackathon 2022: the World’s Biggest Hackathon; is an initiative by the Ministry of Education to provide students a platform to solve some of the pressing problems we face in our daily lives, and thus inculcate a culture of product innovation and a mindset of problem solving. In SIH 2022, the students would have the opportunity to work on challenges faced within various Ministries, Departments, Industries, PSUs and NGOs to create world class solutions for some of the top organizations, thus helping the Private sector hire the best minds from across the nation. The problem statements for the hackathon are available in the website:https://sih.gov.in/sih2022PS
AISAT IEDC is organizing an internal hackathon/idea presentation for selecting the teams for SIH 2022 on April 13, 2022.
1) All team members should be from same college; no inter-college teams are allowed. However,
members from different branches of the same college/ institute are encouraged to form a team.
2) Each team would mandatorily comprise of 6 members including the team leader.
3) Each team must have AT LEAST ONE FEMALE TEAM MEMBER.
4) As the software edition of the hackathon is digital product development competition, majority of
the team members MUST be well versed with programming skills. For the hardware edition, we
encourage multi-disciplinary teams.
PROBLEM STATEMENTS AND PRIZES TO BE WON
1) SIH2022 brings you problem statements from leading public and private organizations, union
ministries, state governments and NGOs in India.
2) There would be ONE single winning team for every problem statement posted on the portal. The
prize money will be given by the collaborating ministry/ industry ONLY IF that organization likes
the idea of the winning team. However, it is NOT mandatory to announce only one winning team
against each problem statement. If the collaborating ministry/ industry conclude that none of the
ideas are up-to-the-mark, they may not announce any winning team at the finale.
3) Amount of prize money to be awarded to each winning team is Rs.100000/- per problem
4) If there is a tie between two or more teams, the final decision of the prize money distribution will
be taken by the problem statement creator only and once the decision is made, it won’t be
5) Teams are also encouraged to think out-of-the-box and provide creative solutions to themes
under ‘Students Innovation’ category. Please note that only 15 teams’ max (Including theme
based/Student Innovation) are allowed from one college.
6) Prize money for student innovation category will also be different. 3 teams per nodal center will be selected of which 1st prize money will be of Rs 1 Lac and 2nd of Rs 75000 and 3rd will be of Rs
50000. There may be 3-4 nodal centers (tentatively) for student innovation category.
A total of 15 teams will be shortlisted for the nomination from college based on the idea pitching which will be held on 13th April 2022 at AISAT.
The PPT template for the pitching in available in the SIH2022 portal.