The AISAT photography contest “KLIKE SOU” is organized to promote the art, science and fun of photography. We allow and encourage all types of photography. We love to see new photography and watch our users experiment with creative styles and techniques. We are device agnostic, happy to see images from full-frame DSLRs. Our biggest ask is that the photos stay true to your personal vision and to what you saw. Please avoid heavy-handed processing. We want to see the world through your eyes, not through the excessive use of editing tools. Below are the rules and regulations of the contest.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The photography contest is organized by AISAT Photography Club- “Club De Photography”. The club members except the executive committee members are allowed to participate in the contest.
2. The Theme for the contest is “SOCIAL SERVICE”.
3. The contestant must be a current student of AISAT. The students are required to register for the contest through AISAT website (aisat.ac.in). The registration starts on 25th August 2017 and ends at 08.00 pm on 30th August 2017. Registrations will not be accepted once the deadline lapses. Non registered entries will be rejected.
4. The registered contestants are allowed to submit photograph only through the email id “[email protected]” with a cc to “[email protected]” and the deadline for submitting photograph is 8 pm on 20th September 2017. Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses. The contestants are required to send the photograph from the email they provided in the online registration form. The contestants are required to enter their Name and AISAT Admission Number (as shown in the college ID card) in the subject line of the email. Entries without the above said details will be rejected.
5. Entry to the contest implies the undertaking to comply and abide with the rules and regulations of the contest.
6. Each contestant can submit only one photograph. The photograph once submitted is final and no changes further shall be permitted under any circumstances.
7. The contestant must be the author of the photograph submitted in his/her name.
8. There shall be a caption for the photograph and the caption should limit to 40 characters and they must be complete, accurate and sufficient to convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken. Disguising or misrepresenting the origin of your content is cause for disqualification.
9. The size of photograph should not exceed 20 MB. Photograph must be in JPEG format.
10. Photograph taken with Digital Camera/Mobile Phone Camera/DSLR/Action Cameras are eligible to apply. However, mobile phones are strictly prohibited inside the college campus.
11. Selfies and Photograph with watermarks are not acceptable.
12. Photograph will be judged in two rounds. In the first round, top 25 photographs will be selected by a judging panel appointed by the organizer. In the second round, the photographs selected from the first round will be posted on the social media for the promotion of contest, where they will be voted upon till 9 pm on 31st October 2017 from which the final selection (Prize winning photographs) will be carried out. Winners will be informed via email/phone. However, the contestants are encouraged to go through the college website for any updates.
13. Prize winning Photographs will be selected on the basis of the following categories:
Best Photograph. The selection of the photograph in this category will be decided by the judges. Photographs will be judged based on the caption, technical quality, creativity, and originality. The decision by the judges shall be final.
Popular Photograph. The selection of the photograph in this category will be decided on the basis of the points earned by the concerned photograph (1 Like = 1 Point and 1 Share = 2 Points). Sharing of the photograph from the facebook page “AISAT Club De Photography” will only be considered. The use of auto-likers and auto-shares are strictly prohibited.
14. The photographs taken shall not intrude into the privacy of any individual under any circumstances.
15. The sole responsibility of the photograph is with the concerned contestant.
16. Entry is limited to original works that have not formerly been displayed or exhibited and to which the contestant holds all applicable rights. Works that have won prizes in other contests or that have been submitted to other contests currently underway, including similar works, are not eligible. Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the photograph will not be allowed. Only basic enhancements such as sharpening, contrast adjustment, or simple cropping is allowed.
17. The photographs, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the contestant. By entering the Contest, contestant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the contestant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph(s).
18. Photographs that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions and practices of India, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
19. Upon making the photograph submission, you grant the organizer, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, photograph, the contestant or for editorial or educative use. The organizer reserves the right to publish entries without getting permission from the contestant to the public social media accounts throughout the submission period in order to publicize the contest. Such publication does not guarantee an award of any kind.
20. Under no circumstance will the organizer be liable for any:
a) lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete Submissions
b) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted Photograph;
c) problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing;
d) incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Photographs and/or the Submissions; and/or
e) injury or damage to any contestant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the contest.
21. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the organizer, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, the organizer reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest as deemed appropriate, disqualify any contestant, and/or select winners from all eligible Photographs submitted prior to the termination, cancellation, modification or suspension. The organizer reserves the right to correct any typo-graphical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time.
22. All submitted Photographs must contain the original EXIF metadata information. However there must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the photograph. The organizer reserves the right to call for original files with unchanged EXIF for the purpose of authentication. A photograph maybe disregarded if this information cannot be provided.
23. Every photograph uploaded is subject to a moderation process before it becomes visible on the contest page. The organizer reserves the right to assess and disregard any submitted photograph at the organizer’s discretion.
24. Any contestant who violates the rules and regulations of the contest may be permanently banned, subject to the organizer’s discretion, from participating in any future contests. In a case where the violation of the rules and regulations by a winner is found after awarding of the prize, the organizer will have the complete authority to cancel the prize at any time and the concerned individual is liable to return the prize received by him/her, subject to the organizer’s discretion.
25. Any decision by the organizer on any matters pertaining to the photography contest shall be final.
|25th August 2017 to 30th August 2017 (08.00 pm)
Deadline for submission of photograph
20th September 2017 (08.00 pm)
KLIKE SOU RULES AND REGULATIONS
To register for the contest log on to https://goo.gl/forms/8OClX7wCETqMhH9V2