Avanza, a Spanish word for “get ahead” is an annual paper presentation contest, which AISAT has been conducting since its inception. The contest is intended to make the budding engineers of our state, to get acquainted with the pioneers of the various engineering disciplines.
Avanza’12 – “Inspiring lives in Electrical and Electronics Engineering”.
Avanza’13 – “Inspiring lives in Mechanical Engineering”.
Avanza’14 – “Inspiring lives in Civil Engineering”.
A computer engineer designs, analyzes and implements hardware and software for next generation computing systems. Avanza’15, the fourth in the series, salutes the extra ordinary computer engineers who have made outstanding contributions in the world of computing, communication and other related activities.
Rules and Guidelines
- Two undergraduate students guided by a faculty can register for the contest.
- Each team should mail the Abstract of the proposed papers of at least three computer engineers and duly filled entry form to email@example.com on or before Oct 15, 2014.
- The abstract should be of 250 to 500 words. The format for abstract and entry form are available in the website.
- Selected papers will be informed via e-mail on or before Nov 7, 2014.
- Selected teams should send camera ready paper (available for download from website) in the specified format about the computer engineer allotted to them.
- This should be essentially accompanied by duly filled Copyright Transfer Agreement (CTA – also available in the website) and should reach us on or before Jan 5, 2015.
- Any paper that does not comply with the specifications will not be accepted for review.
- AISAT reserves the right to edit/amend the paper, if found necessary.
- Authors of best 15 papers shortlisted by the expert committee will be notified on or before Jan 30, 2015.
- Shortlisted teams should register by paying fees of Rs. 500 per team on or before Feb 06, 2015.
- Selected teams should report in the college at 9:00 am on Feb 21, 2015.
- One student member from each team should present the paper.
- 15 minutes will be given for the presentation and thereafter 5 minutes for discussion.
- Selected papers will be included in the proceedings of presentation.
A paper submitted for Avanza’15 should include the following details:
• Why have you chosen this computer engineer?
• Brief biography of the computer engineer.
• Innovations by the engineer.
• Challenges faced by the engineer.
• Relevance of the findings.
• Innovations made by the engineer that have revolutionized the field of computer engineering.
1st Prize: Rs. 10,000/- with certificate & citation.
2nd Prize: Rs. 5,000/- with certificate & citation.
3rd Prize: Rs. 3,000/- with certificate & citation.
Consolation Prizes of Rs. 1,000/- and certificates of appreciation for all those who present papers.
Faculty guiding the teams will also receive citation to this effect.
Inspiring lives in Computer Science & Engineering
Following is a sample list of stalwarts in computer science who has made the difference.
The list is open
• Charles Babbage
• Alan Turing
• John Von Neumann
• Douglas Engelbart
• Dennis Ritchie
• Steve Jobs
• Linus Torvalds
• Bill Gates
• Robert E Kahn
• James Gosling
• N. R. Narayana Murthy
• Edwin Catmull
• Bill Joy
• Andrew S. Tanenbaum
• Donald Norman
• Ken Thompson
Last date for receiving three abstracts & duly certified entry form : (extended to) Oct 15, 2014
Last date for abstract selection notification : Nov 07 ,2014
Last date for receiving camera ready paper & CTA : Jan 05 ,2015
Last date for paper selection notification : Jan 30 ,2015
Last date for registration : Feb 06 ,2015
Avanza’15 : Feb 21 , 2015
Asst. Prof. Deepthy K. Denatious
Head of the Department
Asst. Prof. Jessy George
Asst. Prof. Jeswin Roy Dcouth