There are a numerous excellent higher study options after B.TECH which can direct to a higher career which every individual aim for. The details of a few among the numerous higher study Options are:
- Students with at most passion for engineering can opt for Tech amongst the various options available. You can opt for the field of study you aspire to expertise in.
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a national exam conducted in India which can fetch you admission in IITs, IISC or NITs and many others.
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering)
- Admission to Postgraduate Courses (Master’s and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships or Assistantships in Engineering Technology/Architecture/Science is open to those who qualify in GATE.
- The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment. Examinations for all the papers are conducted as Computer Based Tests only.
- GATE 2016 is scheduled between 30th January 2016 and 7th Feb. 2016 (On Saturdays and Sundays).
- The exact schedule is given on the GATE 2016 website. http://www.gate.iisc.ernet.in/
- The number of PSU’s that recruited through GATE 2015 was more than 20, while the number of PSU’s that have signed MoU with GATE 2016 turns out to be more than 30.
- If you feel, you are a manager and want to see yourself in a business suit in some MNC? Then MBA is the right choice.
- You may specialize in your area of interest which may be the all time popular fields like HR, Marketing, Sales or the new growing domains like Digital Marketing, International Relations etc.
- In India, there are various entrance examinations that will help you get into the top 30 MBA colleges. CAT (Common Admission Test) serves as a gateway for an MBA at the IIMs and many other leading institutes. Some other popular exams are XAT (Xaviers), NMAT, SNAP, CMAT, TISS, IRMA etc.
CAT(Common Admission Test)
- CAT is the premier all India management entrance exam conducted by IIMs which are the premier management institutes in India established by an act of Parliament.
- The test is conducted every year by one of the IIM’s based on a policy of rotation.
- Common Admission Test (CAT) 2015 will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM Ahmedabad). IIM-Ahmedabad will conduct CAT 2015 on November 29, 2015
- Last year 2,04,267 students competed for 1550+ seats making it the most competitive exam in the country.
- Candidates who secure the sectional cut-offs as well as the overall cut-offs in the written test are called for GD/PI by IIMs. This is the ultimate step of the selection-process.
- Apart from the IIMs, some other institutes also offer admission to their postgraduate courses of business and management on the basis of a candidate’s CAT score.
- CAT 2015 official website is https://iimcat.ac.in/
MAT (Management Aptitude Test)
- Management Aptitude Test(MAT) is a standardized test being administered since 1988 to facilitate Business Schools (B-Schools) to screen candidates for admission to MBA and allied programmes.
- of India, Ministry of HRD approvedMATas a national level test in 2003.
- Any B-School – national or international – can consider MAT Score as an admission input based on the Score Cards issued to the candidates.
- MAT is a computer-based test and Final year students of any Graduate Courses can apply.
- MAT Application for December 2015 is open. Please Log onto : http://apps.aima.in/matdec15
Short Term Courses
- There are various short term courses and diploma courses that can be done after B.Tech. It can be a certificate course in embedded technology, VLSI, robotics, ethical hacking, protocol testing, machine designing etc. or a diploma course in any specific domain.
- Job oriented courses serve as a bridge between what you know and what the industry expects you to know in order to absorb you into their organization.
- There are excellent firms that offer such Job-oriented courses for B.TECH graduates.
- Those who have civil service in their dreams, it’s the right time to choose for a civil service coaching. Engineering can be a good option of Mains once the prelims are cleared. Engineering Graduates are bagging high ranks and weightage in Interviews too.
- Indeed it is one of the toughest exams in the world to crack and there lies a huge competition to be a civil servant, but you cannot hold yourself back because of this. Civil Services is not just about cracking an exam and then clearing an interview, it judges you on everything you can think of, who you are and what you stand for!
- You need to put your complete focus in addition to lots of determination to prepare for Civil Services Examination. For that you need to – Believe in yourself, choose a better institution that can guide you well. Or join the civil service academy run by the government.
- There are hundreds of coaching centres which provide excellent training for civil services aspirants. Most of them in and around Delhi. Select an academy based on critical evaluation.
- Kerala civil service academy details Log onto: http://www.ccek.org/
Go Abroad – MS/MS+PHD/MBA/Migrate/Work
- It is also a very good option to explore. If you choose to study abroad, you will get a lot of exposure and learning along with the education part. You might also be able to get a job at international locations if you have plans to settle abroad permanently in the future.
- You can also explore integrated opportunities abroad. Along with options of MS you may explore options of MS+PhD and other research oriented courses. In addition, you could look at the various fellowships in research and development category available that may fascinate you too. You can also apply for the various scholarships which will fund your education partially or completely.
- Details of various competitive exams that are of special interest for candidates aspiring to study/work/migrate to abroad are:
SAT (SCHOLASTIC ACADEMIC TEST)
- The SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) is conducted for short listing eligible candidates in the under graduate courses of the foreign universities including USA.
- The exam is every year conducted by the College Board for seven times at different centres of examination all over India.
- The last SAT Exam was conducted in March 2014 for all the eligible applicants.
- The Scholastic Assessment Test is offered six times a year in the following months: October, November, January, May and June respectively.
- The GMAT exam measures the skills you have and the skills schools need. Showcase the skills that matter most – to schools and businesses – with the GMAT exam’s unique Integrated Reasoning section.
- The GMAT exam is relied on more by graduate business schools worldwide. The GMAT exam works – for you and them – and is accepted by more programs and schools than any other individual graduate management school exam.
- The GMAT exam is available when you’re ready to take it. Testing is available around the world in state-of-the-art facilities designed to provide an unparalleled test-taking experience so that you can perform your best.
- Over 6,000 graduate business programs at approximately 1,700 universities and organizations around the world accept the GMAT exam.
- In India, the GMAT exam is accepted for admissions at more than 200 programs offered at over 100 business schools which includes IIM’s and IIT’s.
- Official GMAT website : mba.com/global
GRE (Graduate Record Examination)
- Business schools worldwide welcome GRE scores for admission to their MBA, specialized master’s and other programs.
- ETS offers two types of GRE tests – General test and Subject test. You can pick either or both of them.
- The three measures in the general test are:
- Analytical reasoning
- Verbal reasoning
- Quantitative reasoning
- Accepted by thousands of graduate and business schools, the GRE® revised General Test is the only graduate-level admissions test that lets you skip questions and go back, change your answers and have control to tackle the questions you want to answer first.
- Official website for more details http://www.ets.org/gre
IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- IELTS is theInternational English Language Testing System which tests English proficiency across the globe.
- Conducting 2 million tests in the past year, IELTS is the world’s most popular high stakesEnglish-language test for study, work and migration.
- IELTS tests all four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking.
- IELTS test takers can choose between two versions of the test – Academic or General Training – depending on their academic or professional aims, or visa requirements. All candidates take the same Listening and Speaking components but different Reading and Writing components.
- For more details log onto : http://www.ielts.org/
TOEFL (Test ofEnglish as a Foreign Language)
- Test ofEnglish as a Foreign Language is a standardized test of English language ability for non-native speakers wishing to enroll in American universities. The test is accepted by many English-speaking academic and professional institutions.
- More than9,000 colleges, universities and agencies in more than 130 countries rely on TOEFL test scores to help make admissions decisions
- The TOEFL test helps prove you have the English skills you will actually use in an academic classroom. In the test, you may read a passage from a textbook and listen to a lecture and then speak or write in response, just like you would in a classroom.
- Because the test is composed of 100% academic questions and tasks, many universities consider it the most appropriate test to use when making admissions decisions
- For more details : ets.org/toefl
And Many More…..