ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
- The department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has a motto “To generate an employable generation of Engineers with a holistic and pragmatic view of the present scenario of the Electronics industry who will work towards betterment of human race.”
- We ensure that students get proper exposure to the industrial world for their self realization as true engineers through various add on training programs which includes the following:
- Rider courses (short term courses on latest simulation softwares used in industries)
- Invited technical talks by experts in the field
- Industrial visits
- Collaboration with industrial stalwarts trough internship programs
- Hands on workshop
- Prototype lab (to enable and encourage students in developing their technical skills through various R&D activities)
- Workshop on OrCAD
- Workshop on PSPICE
- Workshop on Verilog
- Rider Courses on Modern ides and Technologies
- Bridge the Gap Programme for First Year ECE Students
- Mobile Computing Workshop-IBM
- FOSS and IOT Boot Camp Sessions
|DATE||GUEST||TOPIC OF THE LECTURE|
|13/08/15||Mr. Bibin Mathew Joseph Founder and CEO of Merclain||Meet the Elder Program Initiative – 2|
|7/07/ 2015||Mr. John Lancelot, Director, Wireless Network Operations, General Communications Inc., Anchorage, Alaska, USA.||Meet the Elder Program Initiative|
|4th July 2014||Dr. Sandeep K. Shukla, professor at the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Virginia Tech, USA,||Smartgrid: Where Computing, Communication and Power Systems Meet|
|26th June 2014||Dr. Ramkumar, Professor, Dept. Of ECE, ASIET, Kalady||Road Map to Electronics Engineering|
|7th January, 2014||Mr. Nallin R Pillai, one of the founder members of OEN in India||Talk on Energy Conservation|
|06/05/2013 – 17/05/2013||Eminent Researchers from Industry and Educational institution and leading medical doctors||FDP – Electronics in Medical Diagnosis|
|22nd November 2013||Mr. Dhanukumar Pattanashetti, Client Services Manager at IEEE||Webinar on IEEE Xplore
- All India Radio
- Doordarshan, Mysore
- All India Radio
3. MOU AISAT and ASA-Kerala
4. Hosting IEEE Kochi subsection office
5. Hosting biannual lab sessions for IETE registered students.
Smart cart (student project) project was selected by Texas Instruments to be developed in their platform.
- “Intelligent Shopping Cart” developed Students to assist a person in everyday shopping in terms of reduced time spent while purchasing.
- The main objective of the system is to provide a technology oriented, low-cost, easily scalable, and rugged system for assisting shopping in person.
- The emergence of new technologies, such as Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) and wireless networks, makes the shopping processes faster, transparent and efficient.
- Aim of the project is to develop an interactive shopping cart (embedded system) which can be used in shopping malls to solve the problem mentioned above.
2. Indigenous FM Radio – AISAT LIVE WIRE FM
3. HAM Club
4. Intra Collegiate Quiz competition conducted yearly.
5. Renesas RL78 Workshop – four day workshop on RL78 Microcontrollers during 7th to 10th February 2014 and developed a solar tracking system using RL78
6.Students designed a quiz buzzer at our prototype lab.
7. Designed digital trainer kits for conducting experiments at labs
8.IEEE Kochi Subsection Office