ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
- The main objective of the department is to provide quality professional education there by mould up excellent professionals who are socially committed, technically competent and employable.
- A dedicated Software Development Cell (SDC) which creates products with an emphasis on meeting the academic and industrial requirements of the concerned clients.
- Database lab, Programming lab and Microprocessor lab enable and equip the students in developing their technical skills through various R&D activities.
- Emerging Innovators of Albertian Community (ENIAC), the association of computer science engineering, provides a platform for the students to showcase and excel in their technical skills.
- Special trainings for students includes
- Training programs conducted by TCS
- Career development programs and Guest lectures from Eminent Persons
- Regular industrial visits with a motto of updating them about the various aspects and trends in the Industry.
- Activity hour on a weekly basis to mould the students in facing interviews, performing in group discussions, developing aptitude skills and personality development
|DATE||GUEST||TOPIC OF THE LECTURE|
|12/8/2015||Mr. Ullas Ponnadi, CreatNlrn||Startup opportunities|
|28/08/2014||Dr. Rajat Subhra Chakraborty,
|Hardware Security: Threats & Emerging Solutions|
|26/11/2013||Mr. Harjinder Singh Lallie,
University of Warwick
|7/9/2013||Mr. K P N Unni,
|29/08/2013||Mr. Philip Joseph||Usability Engineering|
|19/07/2013||Mr. Philip Joseph||Ubuntu Installation|
- MOU with CMC Private Limited, a subsidiary of TCS on 27th March 2015
- The MoU focuses on providing certified courses and placement assistance for the students.
AISAT-Electromech Enterprise MoU
- MoU with Electromech Enterprises on 31-3-2015
- The MoU focuses on conducting various IBM certified Courses in the Campus to equip the students with current trends in the industry.
- ASSYST International PVT. LTD
- UST global, Info Park
- VISUAL IQ, Info Park
- Visvesvaraya Industrial And TechnologicalMuseum,bangalore
- WeavedIn Technologies, Bangalore
- Web Designing
- Web Designing
- Certification programme on BigData Analytics with MongoDB
- Java and Android programming
- Android Workshop
- C Programming
- Getting started with Python
- Automatic Ambulance Rescue System
- Main objective is to develop a system to provide a smooth flow for the ambulance to reach the accident sites and the hospitals on time, minimizing the delay caused by traffic congestion.
- The ambulance is controlled by a control unit which furnishes the adequate route to the nearest hospital and the accident site.
- The controller identifies the location of the accident spot through the sensor systems in the vehicle, thus guiding the ambulance to the correct spot at a faster rate.
- Automated Shopping Trolley
- A robot that automatically follows the customer and also calculates the bill automatically
- The developed system consisted of 3 modules: (a) Automated following (b) RFID item identification and (c) Automatic billing.
- Integrated into an embedded system to avoid long queues at the billing counter.
- Computer hardware exhibition ENIGMA 2014 is organized every year
- More than 10 teams explaining the working of CPU, webcam, mouse, keyboard, printer, and memory, Monitors, CD/DVD, joysticks, speakers, Hard disk and UPS.
- An exciting quiz competition is also held
- The exhibition is mainly focusing the fresher’s, the S1 students to cater them knowledge about the basic hardware components of a computer.
- The first edition of AISAT’s Intercollege technical festival organized by the Department of Computer Science Engineering.
- Aimed at finding and motivating the best talents through various highly competitive competitions in the field of Information Technology.
- A total participation of approximately 250 students for 14 competitions were recorded on the same day from different colleges in Ernakulam and the nearby districts.
- Esperanza 2k15 featured a placement offer from Coolminds Technologies Pvt. Ltd., for the winner of the Coding and Debugging event.