The Institute offers Master of Technology Programme in Geo mechanics & Structures (Civil Engineering). The course leading to the degree of Master of Technology will span over a period of Four Semesters (two years).
The aim of the programme is to train the students in deeper theoretical knowledge which will enable them to tackle practical complex problems of design and development in industrial fields, as well as pursue further academic achievements through research.
|Civil Engineering||Geo Mechanics & Structures||2 Years (4 semesters)||18|
According to the directive given by Director of Technical Education, Kerala, 50% of the M. Tech seats will be filled by the College from the rank list published by DTE. Remaining 50% of the M. Tech seats will be filled by the College on merit.
For both categories candidates have to apply at the College
For the 50% allotted by the College from the Rank List published by DTE:-
Candidates should have applied online to DTE. They have to apply to the College also. GATE qualified candidates will be selected from the rank list published by DTE.
For the 50% seats in College Merit:-
Candidates are requested to apply to the college directly. GATE qualified candidates will have preference. To prepare the rank list for College merit, score (in percentile) of GATE 2018/2017, marks obtained in qualifying examination, admission test/ interview conducted by the College and industry/teaching experience will be considered.
Weightage will be given as shown below:
GATE score – 60%; Marks obtained in Qualifying Degree – 20%; Admission Test/Interview conducted by the College – 15 %; Experience – (max.) 5%.
Eligibility for Admission
The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent examination in the relevant discipline as mentioned below as per KTU norms:
|Civil Engineering||Geo Mechanics & Structures||B. Tech/B.E in Civil Engineering minimum 60% aggregate or equivalent.|
|Tution Fee||35000 (Per Semester)|
|Student Admn. Fee to University &|
Proportionate fee for statutory bodies.
Candidates are required to bring following documents at the time of counseling:
- S.L.C/S.S.C/Equivalent certificate.
- +2/equivalent certificate.
- GATE score card (for Candidates with valid GATE Score).
- Mark list of B. Tech/B.E degree examination (for all the semesters up to S7).
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate issued by the village officer for candidates who claim eligibility under SEBC (OBC) quota.
- Copy of relevant page containing candidates name in the rank list published by DTE (To be considered for admission from the rank list published by DTE, Kerala. This is not necessary to consider in college merit seats).
- Transfer Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Conduct Certificate from the institute last attended issued within six months from the date of application.
- Community & Income certificate for relevant category.
- True copy of professional experience certificate from the Head of the organizations where the candidate is working in case of those who passed AMIE/AMIETE.
- Three passport size photographs.
- Certificate from Parish Priest for relevant category.
- Medical fitness certificate.
- Affidavits by student & parent regarding ragging.
[/learn_more][learn_more caption=”Other Eligibilty Criteria”]
Other Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate shall be an Indian National.
- The candidates should have undergone the Graduate course in an Institution approved by the AICTE and Universities/ Deemed Universities in India.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 60% marks aggregate in Engineering Degree examination. For SC/ST candidates a pass in the Engineering Degree course is sufficient. For SEBC (OBC) students, a minimum of 54% aggregate marks in the Engineering Degree examination is mandatory.
- Candidates, who have passed AMIE/AMIETE Examinations and satisfying the following conditions , are also eligible for admission:
- They must have a valid GATE score
- A minimum of 55% marks for section B in AMIE/AMIETE examination.
- Minimum 3 years of Professional experience in the field of specialization after acquiring qualifying degree.
- Candidates who have appeared for the final semester examination can also apply, provided he/she has passed all the subjects up to and including the 6th semester exam. Those who are having valid GATE score and who are waiting for the result of the supplementary examinations of the above or previous semesters can also apply. Confirmation of admission of such candidates shall be subject to the production of qualifying degree -satisfying clauses F (i) to (iv) as applicable on or before November 30, 2018 .
- Admission shall normally be restricted to those with valid GATE score. However, this stipulation is relaxed in the case of sponsored candidates.
- In case seats remain vacant due to the lack of candidates with valid GATE score, candidates from Kerala state without valid GATE score will be considered against such vacancies. If seats are still remaining vacant, candidates from other states will be considered for admission.
[/learn_more][learn_more caption=”Tentative Schedule for M.Tech Admission”]
Tentative Schedule for M.Tech Admission (College Merit Seats)
|1.||Start of Admission Process||June 04, 2018|
|2.||Last Date for Submission of Application||July 09, 2018|
|3.||Publication of Rank List||July 10, 2018|
|4.||Document Verification, Counseling and Admission||July 12, 2018|
|5.||Commencement of classes||Will be notified on the website|
*Tentative and may vary as per direction from competent authority
GUIDELINES FOR SCHOLARSHIP SCHEMES
- A student can avail any one of the above scholarship schemes. At the time of admission a student can apply for any one of 1, 2, 3or 4 schemes. Scholarship schemes are applicable to both GATE and Non- GATE applicants.
- Merit Scholarship is awarded based on the CGPA/percentage at the time of admission. After the publication of final result, if the CGPA falls below 8.0, the scholarship will be cancelled.
- Scholarships are liable to be withdrawn, partially or wholly, in case of misconduct, deliberate concealment of materials/facts and/or supply of false information, and/or continued absence of more than one month except on medical grounds.
Scholarship is available for candidates with valid GATE score as per AICTE norms for the total period of 24 months subject to the following conditions, provided all the required documents are submitted in time:
- Each student shall undertake 8 to 10 hours of work per week related to teaching and research activities as assigned by the institution.
- The students must secure first class or equivalent during the first semester examination to become eligible for continuance of scholarship.
- The student shall give an undertaking to effect that he/she will not leave the course midway or appear for any competent examination not related to Engineering and Technology.
- The students shall not receive any emoluments, salary, stipend etc. from any other source during the course of the study.
AISAT maintains MoUs with:
- Indian Geotechnical Society, Kochi Chapter(IGS)
- Association of Piling Specialists, Kochi (APS)
- Builders Association of India (BAI)
- Association of Structural and Geotechnical Consultants (ASGC)
- Indian Concrete Institute (ICI)
- Federation of Registered Civil Engineers (FORCE)
- Graduate Association of Consultant Engineers (GRACE)
They provide opportunities for the field/ industrial training of AISAT M. Tech students. These professional bodies will also be closely associated with the conduct of the P.G. course so that the gap between the academia and industry is reduced to the minimum.