Club No 3887044
Area: 02 ; Division: H; District: 92
Albertian Institute of Science and technology initiated AISAT Toastmasters Club with the intention to provide a platform for those interested to improve the communication skills and leadership qualities. Students, teachers and friends of AISAT are members of AISAT Toastmasters club. AISAT Toastmasters Club was inaugurated by ACB CL Lal Xavier, the Division Governor of Toastmasters International on April 4, 2014.The first meeting of AISAT toastmasters was conducted on 21 June, 2014.
Regular club meetings are conducted on Thursdays from 2.45 pm to 4.30pm. The membership of the AISAT Toastmasters club is open to public.
Toastmasters International empowers people to achieve their full potential and realize their dreams. Through our member clubs, people throughout the world can improve their communication and leadership skills, and find the courage to change.
To provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment in which every individual member has the opportunity to develop oral communication and leadership skills, which in turn foster self-confidence and personal growth.
Core Values of Toastmasters International:
- Dedication to Excellence
- Service to Members
- Respect for the Individual
- The AISAT Toastmasters Club attained the Distinguished club status during the very first year of its inception 2014-15.
- The club attained Select distinguished club status during 2015-16
- TM Merlin John secured the second place in the Toastmasters Evaluation contest at Division level,following her achievement as the first runner up in the Area level contest in 2015
- TM Paul Ansel V secured second place in the Area level Humorous speech contest in 2015.
- TM Paul Ansel V, TM Minnu Shaji, TM Mamatha Vishal, TM Merlin John and TM Veena.V secured the ‘Toastmaster of the year 2014-15’ awards at Club level.
- CC Paul Ansel V and CC Michael George participated in the International speech contest in Area level, CC Paul Ansel V and TM Sharon D’cruz participated in the Area level Table topic contest. CC Paul Ansel V secured second place in Area level Table topic contest.
- AISAT hosted the Area level International Speech and Table topic contest during April 2016. The members of AISAT Toastmasters club took different roles in the conduct of Area level contests.
- The active members of the club TM Minnu Shaji and TM Mamatha Vishal were the first to get placement in a reputed company during the seventh semester itself.
- The AISAT Toastmasters Club attained Select Distinguished club status during 2016-17
- The Club received the Pinnacle award for 2016-17. The Pinnacle Awardis awarded to all eligible clubs that have achieved Distinguished Status by June 30, 2017.