INNOVATION & ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
About AISAT IEDC
To foster entrepreneurship, develop and encourage a spirit of innovation and a drive to follow their passion amongst the student community, Kerala startup mission sanctioned an amount of two lakh rupees to AISAT IEDC by the proposal given by Mr. Tiju Baby, Asst. Professor EEE Dept. officer AISAT IEDC on September 22, 2016 and Now AISAT recognized as an Official Start up Boot Camp of Kerala Startup Mission
“To be a self-sustained TBI catering to the needs of young student entrepreneurs with innovative ideas of social relevance and there by introducing a culture of entrepreneurship inside campus which will strengthen our education system and there by promoting the national economical and social growth”
“To develop an ecosystem with required infrastructure that can enable students and faculty to innovate and prototype their potential ideas with industrial standards and support from Government, industry and reputed academic institutions around the world and help them to realize their potentials”
- Create a student friendly ecosystem favoring learning and development of all forms of creative skills in the Institution.
• To become a platform for cultural change and organize workshops, seminars or
informal conferences on topics covering every creative intent.
• To encourage and accelerate the up-gradation of research and development (R&D)
facilities in the college, spearhead cultural activities and help create an atmosphere
of knowledge sharing.
• To promote knowledge driven and technology based start up ventures by students,
faculty personnel, other local entrepreneurs and employee turned entrepreneurs.
IEDC Startup at AISAT Sanctioned on 22th Sep 2016 (Only Seven months old)
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship related programs conducted by IEDC.
|SI. No.||Date and Time||Name of the Program||Details|
|1||18/NOV/2016||BIG Idea Challenge 2016||This contest is a platform for the students to present their innovation ideas which can be transformed into a commercial product (Seven ideas presented out of 47)|
|2||19/NOV/2016||BIG Innovation Challenge 2016||This Contest provides support to the preeminent and innovative student projects to convert prototype to an actual product (Seven projects are selected out of 20)|
3.45pm to 5.00pm
|IEDC Club Meeting 11||· Kick start of startups
· Launch of Online Community
· Addressing by Principal
9.00 am to 6.00pm
Slate and Pencil
|· Creativity workshop by UN certified trainers
· Full day Program
3.30pm to 4.30pm
|Talk on Starting a Startup||· Mr. Mittu Tiggi
· City Lead Head start foundation
|6||22/MAR/2017||Future Expo by ECE||· Supported best innovative Project
· Support for patent filing is given
FAB LAB VISITS
15 students AISAT to visited Fablab on 30th July 2016. Students reached the FABLAB at 10.30 am. The Kerala Start up mission employee Mr. Daniel Jeevan received us and gave a brief introduction about FABLAB.
BIG IDEA CHALLENGE 2016
This contest is a platform for the students to present their innovation ideas which can be transformed into a commercial product (Seven ideas presented out of 47)
- Adsorber-Naveen Paulose (S1 ME)
- Wireless Charged Pace maker-Arun Benedict (EEE)
- IOT Based Garbage Monitoring System-Susan Sabin (S7ECE)
- Mobile Case with emergency Charging-Sidharth (S7EEE)
- Micro pipeting– Vinay joel (S7CSE)
- 6. E Tran-Muhammad Ashfaque (S3 ME)
- Waste management intelligently-Muhammad Ashfaque (S5ME)
- BIG INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2016
This Contest provides support to the preeminent and innovative student projects to convert prototype to an actual product (Seven projects are selected out of 20)
Details given below
ROBOTIC WIREMAN’S ELECTRIC CUTTER
Doing By Joseph Sen, Jeswin Joseph, Rolands Jose – Students of Dept. of EEE
Guided by Ms. Traise Susan V J, Asst. Professor Dept. of EEE
Project of AKHIL ANTU, DAVID DANIEL, TONY ,Students of Dept. of ECE
Guided by Mr. Arunkanth A Jose
COCONUT SHELL IN PAVEMENT BLOCKS
Project By Sooraj D.V ,Steve George, Thoufeeq Hussain ,Varun S.Kumar, Students Dept. Of CE
Guided by Prof. VINCENT K.JOHN, Dept. of CE
ARDUINO CONTROLLED INTELLIGENT WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Project by Muhammed Anshad,Ananthakrishnan P,Safwan Mansoor
Guided by Dr.Vinu Varghese, Dept of ME
Project by Jithin Thomas,Joval Johnson,Gokul Manoj ,students of Dept. of ME
Guided by Mr.Antonio Joseph, Dept. of ME
POLYMER MODIFIED POTHOLE REPAIR COLD MIX
Antony Nayan,Ashima K.M,Benil Chacko students of Dept. of CE
Guided by Ms. Saranya Ullas,Assistant professor ,CE Dept.
Alan John, Neema Joseph, Ross Antony Pattara students od Dept. of CSE
Guided by Mr. Jeswin Roy D’couth
CREATIVITY AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP WORKSHOP-SLATE AND PENCIL
Innovation Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC) of Albertian institute of Science and Technology-AISAT, Kochi, one among the best performing IEDCs in Kerala, in association with Kerala startup Mission organized two day workshop on creativity “Slate and Pencil” on 11th and 12th March 2017.
The workshop detailed about entrepreneurship, self-assessment, and how to write a business plan. The workshops focused on what it means to be an entrepreneur and innovative thinking. Throughout the self-assessment portion of the workshop, students got reflected on their passions and generate new ideas. Then participants collectively worked on a series of creative problem-solving activities and find innovative solutions for issues in their communities. Finally, students were able to learn the basics of a business model and practice developing their own business plan as a team.
The program started with inaugural function of the workshop presided by Dr. K.E George Principal AISAT, Rev. Dr. Clement Valluvassery, Manager AISAT inaugurated the function in the presence of Mr. Tiju Baby, IEDC nodal officer AISAT. Mr. Alex Paul and Ms. Traise Susan V.J were the coordinators of the Program. Prof Arun J S and Prof Aneesh S, IEDC Nodal officer of Heera Enginerring College and SNIT Adoor respectively were the resource persons.
“Students show tremendous interest in this workshop, and we are always amazed with how much they can learn and apply within a day,” said Prof. K.E George, Principal AISAT. “The feedback obtained from the participants showed that the workshop was effective in teaching them how to develop and expand their entrepreneurial mindset through creativity and problem-solving activities.”
PROGRAMMES ATTENDED BY STUDENTS: FOURTEEN No’s
- Project Contest at SNGIST on 30th March 2017
- AutoMatrix IOT based Project Contest at Tejus Engineering College on 29th March 2017
- StartUp i3 on March 11th and 12th 2017at Rajagiri School of Engineering, Kochi. Five students from each Dept. were participated.
- Creativity Workshop “Slate and Pencil” 11th and 12th March 2017 at AISAT
- CUSATINNOVATE, Collaborations (CITTIC) and IEDC center of CUSAT on 18th and 19th February, 2017
- Talk on Startup Saturday Kochi – Building an A-Teaml, Thapasya Building, Thapasya Road Infopark Campus, Infopark, Kochi at 11th February 2017
- Technothon on IOT at AISAT on 4th – 5th February 2017
- Albertian International Educational Expo on25th to 28th January 2016 at St.Albert’s College
- workshop on website creation and entrepreneurship on 25th December 2016 at Bengaluru
- Training Program on Ruby 17th December 2016 at Kinfra ,Kochi
- IEEE PEDES 2016,Youth Professional People Meet 15th December 2016 at Trivandrum
- Bosch D.N.A Electronics Challenge, 45 Students and two faculties on 20th October 2016 at Kinfra,Kochi
- 3D design and 3D printing at Fablab Keralaon 15th October 2016
- Starting a Start up by Kerala state productivity House on 17th August 2016 at Kalamassery
PROGRAMMES ATTENDED BY FACULTY: SEVEN Nos.
- The Precursor to Educon 2016 on 11th2016 at Federal Institute of Science and Technology, Angamaly.
- I2PMAKERS WORKSHOP 2016 on 22ndOctober 2016 at Federal Institute of science & Technology (FISAT), Angamaly
- Nodal Officers orientation program in Muthoot Institute of Technology and Science from 30-31st October 2016.
- Meeting of Nodal officers of cluster 9 is scheduled on 16 November 2016 at Federal Institute of Science And Technology (FISAT), Angamaly
- Presentation for IOT Lab on 22nd December 2016 at Kerala Startup Mission Office ,Trivandrum .
- Seminar by “The Millennium Alliance” by FICCI & USAID on22nd Feb 2017 at Beaumonde The Fern, Vivekananda Lane, Near South Junction, Off MG Road, Kochi.
- Nodal Officers Meet up on 24th and 25th March 2017 at Kochi Kerala Technological Innovation zone,Kochi.
ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR…
- ONE AMONG THE “BEST PERFORMING IEDC IN THE KERALA” AND RECEIVED EXTRA FUNDING OF ONE LAKH FROM DR.KUNJARIA P ISAAC VICE CHANCELLOR OF KTU ON NODAL OFFICERS MEET UP ON 24TH AND 25TH MARCH 2017 AT KOCHI KERALA TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION ZONE,KOCHI
- Best Project award in AutoMatrix IOT based Project Contest at Tejus Engineering College on 29th March 2017 for Student Project “Blue Plug”
- Best Albertian Startup award Albertian International Educational Expo on25th to 28th January 2016 at St.Albert’s College “Blue Plug”
- Best Project award Project Contest at SNGIST on 30th March 2017 for student Project ‘ BLIND-DEAF INTELLIGENCE’.
- Our student project “Heat Refregerator”selected as one among the best project idea in Kerala ,and it will be presented in IDEA PITCHING DAY on MAY 6th 2017 at KINFRA,Kochi
- Convert our IEDC to a TBI
- Promote habit of applying for Patent
- Conduct StartUP i3 in our Campus
- Set Up a IOT Lab
- Set Up a FABLAB
and so many.