E-mail Id :
PhD – Pursuing Research (PhD-Part time) in the field of Geotechnical Engineering at Cochin University of Science and Technology.
M.Tech – Construction Engineering and Management from Cochin University of Science and Technology with first rank.
B.Tech – Govt. College of Engineering, Trivandrum
Competent Leader (CL) & Competent Communicator(CC) from
Toastmasters International, USA
Current Research Interest:
- Soil Liners
- Soil stabilization
Associate Professor & HoD in charge, Department of Civil Engineering
Vice President, ACEA
Member of Executive committee, IGS, Kochi Chapter
Secretary, AISAT Toastmasters Club
- Sobha Cyrus and Veena.V (2014) ‘Effect of Fibre in Controlling Desiccation cracks in clay liner soils’ Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Geotechnique, Construction Materials and Environment, GEOMATE 2014 held at Brisbane, Australia.
- Veena.V, Sobha Cyrus and Benny Mathews Abraham (2015) ‘Containment of desiccation cracks in Marine clay with fibre amendment’,Sixth International Geotechnical Symposium on Disaster management in special geo environmental conditions, held at IIT, Madras .
- “Studies on Cochin Marine Clay as liner” at Workshop on Soil Behavoiur organized by IGS Kochi chapter held at IMA hall, Kaloor on 14th November 2015
- ‘Effect of curing on the strength and plasticity characteristics of Clay –flyash mix’, in International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, ISSN:2347-6710, Vol. 6,Special Issue 4,March 2017
- Life member of IGS ,Kochi Chapter
8 years of teaching experience which includes 3 years in CUSAT
6 years, includes work experience in Multinational Company, Chennai and Kerala Water Authority.
Guided research oriented M.Tech/B.Tech Projects and actively involved in